For Autism Awareness Month we’ve rounded up a variety of resources for you from articles to webinars to entertainment featuring autism.
Check out the links below. Do you have a favorite resource? A special book that features a character with autism? Drop us a line in the comments.
- Have you seen the world’s largest Lego Titanic replica? It was built by a 10-year-old boy on the autism spectrum.
- That perennial childhood favorite, Sesame Street, is stepping up their efforts to include children on the autism spectrum.
- Netflix has gotten into the act with its release of Atypical, a show that explores what it’s like for a high school boy on the autism spectrum.
- If you need some tips for caring for a child with an Autism Disorder, you might want to checkout this free webinar provided by Cigna.
- ‘Autism—It’s Different in Girls’ is an article published in Scientific American that looks at research suggesting that girls are not diagnosed or misdiagnosed.
Did you know that Abrazos Family Support Services provides recreational respite for individuals from 3 years to 21 years who have a diagnosis of Autism and are able to participate in community-based activities? If you would like to learn more, call us at 505-867-3396.
Help us provide Recreational Respite Services to more families. Donate today!